The Accident investigation course concentrates on providing delegates with the skills and knowledge required for undertaking accident investigations in the workplace and preparing and completing investigation reports and forms.
Aims of the course
The course will give delegates the ability to investigate accidents, to gather evidence, interview witnesses and present their findings.
• To understand the need for undertaking accident investigations
• To be able to conduct effective interviews
• To prepare an accident investigation report
• To identify accident causation factors
• To understand accident types and costs.
• To understand the RIDDOR reporting requirements
The structure of the course
• Accident definitions
• Types and costs of accidents
• Accident causation
• Interview techniques
• Collecting evidence
• The investigation form (preparing an investigation report)
• Practical exercise
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend?
Those persons who have the responsibility for undertaking accident investigations, line managers, team leaders.
Delegates must complete the practical investigation exercise in order to receive the accident investigators certificate.
Open Course Cost
£85 per head (+VAT)
Training at your premises for up to 12 delegates*
£ 550 (+VAT)