This course concentrates on the legal requirements for risk assessments in the organisation and the assessments practical application.
Aims of the course
The course will give delegates the ability to carry out suitable and sufficient task-based risk assessments
• To be able to carry out a task-based risk assessment in the workplace.
• To be able to define and identify workplace hazards and risks
• To understand the legal requirement for risk assessments
• To understand the hierarchy of control
• To Identify suitable control
The structure of the course
• Health and Safety legislation
• The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
• Workplace accidents (causation)
• The risk assessment process, understanding the key steps.
• Undertaking a practical risk assessment
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend?
Those persons who are required to manage operational functions and or people / company appointed risk assessors/ Health and Safety representatives (union and company appointed)
Delegates must successfully complete a general risk assessment in order to receive an A&S Safety risk assessors’ certificate
Open Course Cost
£85 per head (+VAT)
Training at your premises for up to 15 delegates*
£ 550 (+VAT)