This one-day course for staff from any sector with no supervisory or managerial responsibility. It provides an excellent grounding in the essentials of health and safety – everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’.
Aims of the course
To enable employees to make good risk based judgements whilst at work and to understand the need for complying with local assessments and workplace safety requirements.
• Recognise a common range of safety and health hazards present in the workplace
• Undertake work without undue risk to the safety of themselves or others
• Understand the importance of using appropriate workplace precautions for specified risks
• Know when to seek advice on workplace precautions
• Provide assistance in preparing risk assessments
• Understand and comply with their Company’s health & safety policy
• Know about importance of reporting near misses and accidents
• Assist managers in implementing and maintaining a health and safety management system
The structure of the course
The course comprises 5 core modules delivered over the day.
• Introducing working safely
• Defining hazard and risk
• Identifying common hazards
• Improving safety performance
• Protecting our environment
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for people from any sector and at any level who need a basic understanding of the occupational health and safety. No prior health & safety knowledge is required.
For delegates who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments, there is a choice of accreditation, either an IOSH Working safely certificate or an IOSH passport card.
Open Course Cost at our Kidsgrove Venue
£100 per head (+VAT)
Training at your premises for up to 15 delegates*
£ 550 + £15 per delegate for exams & certificate (+VAT)