This course concentrates on providing delegates with the skills and knowledge required for organising and running an in house manual handling training session for your employees as well as introducing the requirements and concepts for undertaking manual handling risk assessments.
Aims of the course
The course will give delegates the ability to plan and organise a manual handling training session, demonstrate safe lifting techniques as well as evaluate and correct employees lifting techniques. Delegates will also be able to assist the organisation in undertaking Manual Handling risk assessments in the workplace
• To understand the causes of manual handling related injuries
• To understand the basic structure and function of the spine
• To demonstrate safe lifting techniques
• To be aware of manual handling assessment techniques and give recommendations on control actions and risk reduction
• To successfully pass a practical and theoretical examination.
• To design and deliver a short presentation on safe lifting techniques.
The structure of the course
• Types and causes of injuries from manual handling operations
• The structure and function of the spine
• Presentation skills and techniques
• Safe lifting techniques
• Safe lifting techniques practical sessions
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations
• Manual Handling risk assessments
• Theoretical examination
• Practical examination
Number of Delegates
This course is suitable for up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Who should attend?
Those persons who currently, or who will, carry out manual handling assessments and train employees in safe lifting techniques.
Delegates must successfully demonstrate correct manual handling technique, and design and deliver a presentation on safe manual handling, successfully complete a theoretical and practical examination in order to receive the A&S Safety manual handling Trainer certificate.
Open Course Cost
£ 385 per head (+VAT)
Training at your premises for up to 12 delegates*
£ 2700 (+VAT)